[SEL] Electrolysis

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Sat Sep 18 10:54:31 PDT 2004

2) How long does the solution last?

How long do you need it to last? All summer.............

3) What disposal methods are used for spent solution?

Dump it on the lawn, I do. Watch for iron hating plants, however. Blue
spruce might love it.

4) Can the solution be topped up with more Soda or is it a one-shot process?

I've never needed to, but suspect one could. Just add more water, a bit more
washing soda when it doesn't feel "soapy".

I know, maybe that was just too technical...........

Bill
www.antique-engines.com
(the old compuserve address SHOULD be gone - I insisted they remove it, and
they are a pain in the A$$ to deal with. I quit paying last winter and they
wouldn't take the site down. The electrolysis pages on compuslurve are OLD,
not current)