[SEL] Stupid people and their insurance

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Fri Sep 17 20:04:25 PDT 2004

> Hi Joe and all,
>    You know, if you are actually serious about folks running steamers at
> shows without any inspections (and I'm sure you are not) then we really
are
> wasting our time discussing nasty insurance rates - we need MORE
insurance!
> Grant Weir

Hi Grant,
    At the time of the "accident" there was NO required inspection of
boilers OR required certification (etc.) of steam operators in the state of
Ohio. Additionally (I've been told) that the operator was a real SMACK OFF
who didn't care about safety, rules, or much of anything else. Those that
I've talked to (who knew the man) indicated that he got what he deserved.
It's just too bad that he took a couple of fine police officers with him!
    Dave