[SEL] OT: WOO-HOO!

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Fri Sep 17 17:45:20 PDT 2004

> Fret not, young man.
> Fret not... get it?
> Bwahahahahahaha!!!!
>
> Sniff...

That's just it, I haven't been fretting, much, for a long time!

It's really not a good slide guitar, but oh, does it sound awesome with
ordinary fretted picking and strumming! So I'm working on that stuff,
which I've so long neglected as I've worked on slide that I've mostly
forgotten how! Got to work on being able to play it as it ought to be!
I was working (among other things) on "Stormy Monday" this afternoon.
Can't play it fluently yet, but man, do those jazzy chords sound sweet!

The guys at the guitar shop today all agreed it was good karma, for
Jane and me giving my young teacher Jason a new Johnson Tricone a few
months ago. (About the same time as I registered for this thing, come
to think of it.) Billy Crawford says that's "Guitarma."

> Anyway, did you look at the other items being offered by the
> joker with the $800 Maytag?  You could sell your authentic
> Pete "Just Browsing the Pictures for Research" Townshend
> Gibson, buy one of these, and kick out the jams like the master
> himself.

I think I'll have to pass on that. Besides, Jane has sternly warned me
that I'm not to sell the P.T. Gibson, and the kids are in full
agreement. So I'm just going to have to learn to play it, like a mean
pinball.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA