[SEL] Stupid People

Fuller & Johnson fuller_johnson at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 16:43:01 PDT 2004

There were THREE people riding on that engine who knew how to operate it when it was stopped.  Someone should have been paying attention to that boiler.

jlb94 at juno.com wrote:
>Not to get in a pissing match either but it was Operator's Error to
allow himself to get >
>Distracted. And yes I both own and operate a steamer.

Oh Yeah !!! You're going to tell 2 cops that just pulled you over that
you can't be distracted at the moment.

And - As for not checking out a boiler before firing it - - - I've been
at shows where a Traction Engine was bought - hauled in from another
state - filled with water - and fired.
They were lucky to get a "visual inspection". This is something that
seems to run in the
blood of "steam barons". Either they feel they "know what they're doing"
or they like living dangerously. And - I ain't the one to question their
ability.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
,-._,-. "Toys are so sophisticated these days
\/)"(\/ that they can play with each other."
(_o_) http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz

Cheers!  NICK

Visit the home of Fuller & Johnson engines on the web!

"He who sees the other first already has half the victory."   Erich Hartmann

"Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt"  Hans Rudel