[SEL] Stupid People?

Grant Weir weirgrant at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:52:06 PDT 2004

Hi Joe and all,

   I'm coming into this one a bit late...  we are talking about the Medina
incident arent we?  While I am not officialy a "steam guy", I do enjoy
observing the hobby and love steamers of all kinds.  I do not want to get
into a pissing contest either, although after eating two quarts of
strawberry yogurt last night before bed I'm ready to challenge anyone this
morning!  :-).   Seriously, click on the link below for an impressive report
on the condition of the boiler made after the "accident".  The report
clearly shows a very worn/corroded boiler that should have never been fired
in the condition it was in.  I'm just as sickened by overly safety minded
show organizers as anyone else but...  I must admit to being rather
disgusted with what appears to be a steam engine owners total disregard for
the life and safety of others.  It has been said that he was an experienced
"steam guy".  I wonder what his excuse would have been if he had lived?
Truly a very sad day for all.

http://www.doli.state.mn.us/boilerohio.html

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.