[SEL] Nat Rally Reg's New Letter

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 06:24:32 PDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:02:17 +0100, you wrote:

>Ron,
>Down the track, no-one will remember or care.  Does anyone know if there's been
>any litigation, successful or not, concerning the Medina accident?

Can't find anything in a quick search, lots of copies of the findings etc., but
presumably as the owner/driver was one of those killed, there is not a lot
further to go?

>Incidently, we DO have insurance here in the UK via the National Vintage Tractor
>and Engine Club.  I think it's £15 a year for a family membership.  At some
>shows, we do have to show our club card.  At others, no-one asks for it and
>we're not required to have any fencing, although we usually take our own, in the
>form of stakes and two ropes.  If anyone asks to see one of the engines close
>up, we've never had a problem with them coming "into the compound" for a look,
>and at least we do have some kind of barrier to inform the uneducated public of
>what is considered a safe distance.  I much prefer the ropes to the more common
>plastic orange fencing which makes it difficult to take uncluttered pictures of
>the engines.

We have a similar arrangement with Beds & Bucks Engine club, £5million third
party cover for engines etc at shows/rallies but excluding pressure vessels and
any vehicle requiring licensing for road use. Included in the annual subs of
£10.

>Dolly
>
>Ron Page wrote:
>
>> Down the track it will be interesting to see the outcomes of any litigation
>> should this occur.

One of the Medina report precis is at:-

http://www.aws.org/itrends/05-02/bulletin.html

Peter