[SEL] Nat Rally Reg's New Letter

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 06:02:17 PDT 2004

Ron,
Down the track, no-one will remember or care.  Does anyone know if there's been
any litigation, successful or not, concerning the Medina accident?
Incidently, we DO have insurance here in the UK via the National Vintage Tractor
and Engine Club.  I think it's £15 a year for a family membership.  At some
shows, we do have to show our club card.  At others, no-one asks for it and
we're not required to have any fencing, although we usually take our own, in the
form of stakes and two ropes.  If anyone asks to see one of the engines close
up, we've never had a problem with them coming "into the compound" for a look,
and at least we do have some kind of barrier to inform the uneducated public of
what is considered a safe distance.  I much prefer the ropes to the more common
plastic orange fencing which makes it difficult to take uncluttered pictures of
the engines.

Dolly

--
Jim French