[SEL] OT: Titan Tractor Questions

Grant Weir weirgrant at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 08:58:10 PDT 2004

Hi Joe,

    I understand your sentiment about the tractor list being mostly about
rubber tired machines.  I too am mostly about pre-1930 steel-wheeled
tractors and have little use for talk about starter repair or distibutor
trouble.  To me, if it don't at least have a crank and a mag it aint an
"antique" - it's just old. :-)

    Too bad you missed the Happy Farmer - those are neat.  Rumely's and
spoker D's are neat too but hardly "rare" or even uncommon - if that's what
your looking for.  The Titan seems like a fine choice for you.  Not too big,
but big enough to make lots of noise and have lots of levers.  After all,
noise and levers really is what tractors are all about - more of both!  A
Titan is pretty weird looking too and an antique tractor should be at least
a little bit weird looking.  It sounds like the one you are looking to buy
is in pretty good shape too.  I don't think $13,000 sounds too out of line
if it's a good one.   Go for it Joe!

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada