[SEL] O.T. Computer Help Needed

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 10 18:22:03 PDT 2004

Ok I am going to make the assumption that if you opened this message you are
interested in it's content so I hope I don't get flamed.

I finally got tired of dealing with my old Sony Vaio PCG-FX370 laptop, sold
some things and went and bought a new Sony Vaio PCG-K25 Laptop which I
really like.

As you know at 60 years old I am raising my two grandson, one is 15 and one
is 10. They wanted me to try and fix the old laptop so they could use it for
school. I was told the Hard Drive was bad so I ordered a new hardrive and
installed it. A guy sent me detailed instructions and pictures on how the
change out the hard drive which was fairly easy.

I put my Number #1 Recovery Disk in the CD Drive and turned the pc on
expecting the Recovery CD's to re-load the operating system however what I
got was the Sony Logo and then after about 45 seconds I get a message
"Operating System not Found"

Surmising that the Recovery Disk may be bad my daughter brought me over a
new copy of Windows XP pro and I installed it in the CD drive and I still
get the same thing "Operating System not Found"

Do you folks have any idea what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it.
Any help. advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul