[SEL] SPAM from old server

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Sep 8 08:53:35 PDT 2004

I need to remind everyone as some folks have forgotten the Internet server
newidea.atis.net does NOT belong to me anymore.   This server belongs to
the software company I sold a few months ago.   They are in the process of
replacing it but I have no idea when this will be finished (it was supposed
to be done in July so I have no hope it will be done timely )-: )

I tell you this because current management has done a poor job of spam
prevention and has not torn down a few mailing lists they accidentally
restored back in June after a disk failure that occurred after I sold the
company(this was the failure that forced me to bring up heavyiron.atis.net
earlier than I was supposed to).   Now these mailing lists and the
addresses on them are active again.   That means that spammers are using my
old addresses at my old server to send out messages to the old majordomo
mailing lists.

YOU MAY RECEIVE SPAM from newidea.atis.net -- a server that APPEARS to
belong to ATIS but NO longer does!!!

I am actively working with my old business partners to get them to tear
down my old tractor related addresses but it is slow going.   I am trying
to implore them to retire the server on a timely basis as they promised but
have had no luck, even though I know they have a new server in house.

Please be patient if you receive SPAM that appears to come from ATIS.  It
does not, I SWEAR, even though it appears to.  I will continue to work with
Piedmont Systems on this.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!