[SEL] decal question please

Fuller & Johnson fuller_johnson at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 17:17:44 PDT 2004

Trimming a water WT will not ruin it.  If the decal has excess carrier film it should be trimmed close with a very sharp blade.  Also you will need a smooth gloss surface if you want that decal to stay on and for the carrier film to dissappear.  Also make sure the surface is CLEAN.  Wetting the surface will help prevent trapped air and silvering.

Curt Holland <curt at imc-group.com> wrote:
Rick,
If you have a good surface behind you will not need to trim your water
transfer decal. It absolutely will disappear as it dries. Beside
trimming would ruin a WT decal.
Curt Holland
P.S. Where can Hercules WT decals be bought? I used all mine on the Herc
saw rig. Need 4 more.....

Richard Strobel wrote:

> Howdy all...live is good!!!
>
> On the Economy I used a peal and stick decal..cut and trimmed the
>transparent material off so it looked like a stencil job. I like this look.
>
> Now on the Galloway hopper I have a water transfer decal. Question is:
>Will I be able to peal the transparent material off (the hopper) so I have
>the same stencil looking effect?
>
> Appreciate any advise!!

Cheers!  NICK

Visit the home of Fuller & Johnson engines on the web!

"He who sees the other first already has half the victory."   Erich Hartmann

"Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt"  Hans Rudel