[SEL] Crates in International Shipments

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 14:08:26 PDT 2004

Hi Nick

We've done it a few times, and it doesn't get any easier.  The last time we did
it (Feb of this year), the engine had to be taken to Baltimore from Pittsburgh -
no mean feat in itself in deep snow!
Cost is calculated by volume rather than weight - apparantly it's almost
impossible to achieve the weight limits unless you're shipping a crate packed
from corner to corner with nuts and bolts.
Our customs will hit you for VAT, at a level dependent on the day of the week,
the weather and the current state of the custom's officer's home life.
Ask if there's any more you need to know!

Dolly & Jim

--
Jim French
fbi at insulate.co.uk