[SEL] Curt's Lorenz - A Black Day in International Shipments

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Sep 4 12:25:53 PDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Yesterday was full of hope and optimism.  I rushed through the paperwork
to clear customs and arrange pick-up of the latest in the old iron
shipments from England.  This was my Tulip-Top Bamford, a lovely Lorenz
for Curt Andree from Nevill Beaty, and a Lister CS for Scott Harvey also
from Nevill Beaty.  We had talked extensively about this shipment at
Baraboo and at Portland and EVERONE was VERY excited.

Things started out well, yesterday we loaded up the crates at the freight
depot and dropped the trailer off at Dave's.  He would be coming over to
my place early Saturday (today) to unload.

Dave arrives and backs up to the shed...
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-089F.jpg

The first crate unloaded was my Bamford.  Smooth as silk.  No problems.
Just like we've always done.

Next was Curt's Lorenz.  And things just....    slipped.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-090F.jpg

I'm heartbroken.  I can't answer the phone cos I KNOW that it will be
Curt calling......

Here's Dave and I inspecting the damage....
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-094F.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-092F.jpg

For what it's worth, Scott Harvey's Lister CS was also unloaded without a
hitch.

What a black day.......

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero