[SEL] Portland Gift - Cole Drill

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Sep 3 05:57:13 PDT 2004

Hi Joe,

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Joe Prindle wrote:

> What is your opinion on the cole vise? I have never used one, and am
> curious to know how well they work. They look a little primitive, but then
> again so does the cole drill, and I know that it works fantastic.

It seems to me that the biggest virtue of the Cole vice is that it gives
you additional setup options; especially with round workpieces.

There's a guy with a nice blacksmith's post drill and a Cole drill / vise
that was setup at Baraboo the last two years.  He sets up at the end of
the section that we're in, but toward the flea market.  He may be a local
and might let you borrow his for some hands-on experimentation.  I'll look
and see if I happened to take a pic of his display card.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com