[SEL] Surviving Factories

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Oct 30 06:43:42 PDT 2004

I'm really enjoying this thread as its a part of the old iron history
that tends to be forgotten.  I think this would make a great GEM
article.  The old Hagan factory was torn down about 25 years ago.  I was
fortunate to have gone in it before it met the wrecking ball.  The old
building looked exactly as it did during the engine building days.  The
"second" home of Hagan is still standing.  Hagan sold out in 1917 to
Saunier Brothers of Lexington.  Saunier sold Hagan engines after they
acquired the company but they were primarily constructed from the left
over parts, rebuilds, etc.  The Saunier buildings still stand in
Lexington and look like they did 100 years ago.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY