[SEL] Re: Surviving Factories

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Fri Oct 29 08:55:02 PDT 2004

We are lucky here in Evansville that most all of the original Hercules
factory buildings are still standing.  We were able to tour the engine and
foundry buildings a few years ago.  It is being used for warehousing
now.  The two cupola's are still in the building.  The work "Hercules" is
still visible in the brickwork above the foundry.  Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.herculesengines.com/hercules/HerculesFactory/Default.htm

One of our other engine factories in town was torn down about 15 years ago
in a redevelopment project.  It was for the Clarke Marine Motor's Company.

Keith