[SEL] Oldengine.org document repository

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 13:42:49 PDT 2004

Some time ago, Bill Tremel and a few others created some scanned documents which
related to engine manuals etc., and Jim Dunmyer provided space on Oldengine.org
for their storage. The earliest files are 1998, the latest 2000. A file list is
at the bottom of this email.

The Documents folder has not been linked to the main menu for some time (if it
ever was, I cannot find out) and it existence had almost been forgotten.

As this was a useful resource for engine nuts, I propose to reinstate the access
path so that the files are available again, subject to not receiving any
objections from the 'owners' of the files (those guys who scanned them
originally) An extra menu item will be added to the main Oldengine.org front
page, access will be allowed by anyone, unless there is a general feeling that
it should be password protected.

Bill Tremel has signalled his OK on this in principal, and in the longer term we
may be able to expand the facility to take in more information which I can take
in and file for the site.

Should we find that the facility is being abused, by copying the files and
selling the resulting manual on ebay for example, then we will have to
reconsider the access position.

File Listing:

2215030 Feb 16  1999 Ball_xx_OM.pdf
4183690 Mar 20  2000 Bessemer_Ox_OM.pdf
8692    Mar  3  1999 book4.gif
8598310 Mar 19  1999 FM_32E_OM.pdf
893567  Nov 21  1998 FM_Z_OM.pdf
2232095 Mar 25  1999 gencolight_Add.pdf
2527574 Mar 25  1999 gencolight_OM.pdf
1222601 Oct 21  1998 IHC_LA_OM.pdf
   3260 Oct 21  1998 Image1.jpg
   5262 Mar 25  1999 index.htm
9890104 Nov  1  1998 Kohler_LP_OM.pdf
2058635 Oct 22  1998 Maytag_SM.pdf
4709    Mar 25  1999 no_java.htm
56 1390 Oct 21  1998 Nova_S_data.pdf
351966  Oct 21  1998 Nova_S_misc.pdf
351966  Oct 19  1998 Nova_S_OWS.pdf
502733  Nov 12  1998 OWSC_PB.pdf
3156346 Oct 21  1998 Reid_PM.pdf
1292647 Nov 21  1998 REO_WJx_OM.pdf
3414016 Mar  5  2000 StMary_data.pdf
6368    Mar  3  1999 title.gif
1450974 Oct 21  1998 Wico_EK_OM.pdf
963126  Feb 16  1999 Wico_OC_OM.pdf
1689486 Oct 21  1998 Witte_B_OM.pdf

Input from interested parties welcomed, we reckon on doing this in a couple of
weeks, in time for the Cabin Fever season!

Peter