[SEL] He knows that guy

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 15:23:28 PDT 2004

Hi Bruce,
Note the rope start spool?  I have an Acme diesel, 9 HP air cooled, on a
tiller.  It is easy to start using a rope.  The trick is to crank it by keeping
the rope tight and pulling it like a yo-yo, letting it bounce back off the
compression stroke.  Then, once you get it started bouncing, pull it on through and
it starts.  Trying to just pull it through without bouncing it is almost
impossible.
Ron
PS:  Do you suppose that rig would get through the auto inspection station?

In a message dated 10/26/2004 6:10:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,