[SEL] John Deere Fuel Tank/Oil Pan

Dave Otto dotto at velocitus.net
Mon Oct 25 20:31:39 PDT 2004

Luke

When I did my 1.5 hp Deere I used Gortex gasket tape. The stuff I had is
about 3/8" or 1/2" wide and about 1/8" thick. It will compress and
conform to most any surface. I have run it every summer since and it has
never given me any trouble. It is Teflon so gas and oil will not touch
it.

The John Deere gaskets are plain cork and not even worth the time to
install.

Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Idaho