[SEL] John Deere Fuel Tank/Oil Pan

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Oct 25 18:18:51 PDT 2004

Hi Luke,

I took my 1 1/2 hp apart (needlessly, I might add) about 5 years ago.  It
did not leak before I took it apart and I found, when I took it apart that
it had cereal box card board, Wheaties I believe, for a gasket between the
oil sump and the gas tank.  I couldn't bring myself to replace the cardboard
with more of the like, so I made a used a gasket (cork, I believe) from a
set I bought for the engine.  It has not leaked in the last five years
either.  I did not use any gasket sealer of any kind.

YMMV

Gary