[SEL] Ronnie Rally

Graham Harris ozengine at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 19 06:20:54 PDT 2004

G'day Oz Listers

I received a letter from the Ronny-Tippet Centenary
rally organisers last week saying that they had chose
us (only us apparantly, at random) to help them out
with a bit of publicity for the rally in our local
area. They suggested contacting the local papers. I
decided to run with it to help them out, and to cut to
the chase...our picture in the paper today with a
nice, accurate story made up from data supplied by me
and the journalists interpretation of the rally
information sheet.

I contacted 3 newspapers. Two weren't interested
saying that if it's in Ballarat, then the Ballarat
papers should be contacted (isn't that smart) because
it's not an item of local interest. By the 3rd paper
where I was speaking to a bloke, I'd altered my story
a bit to say that my exhibit was bought in the local
area and would have been part of the early farming
history (apple orchards) of the area. I was also able
to use the opportunity to invite people interested in
joining a club to contact me. So good publicity for
two organizations. It was a fair bit of work to set it
all up, but worth the result.

Umm...we'll be available for autographs at the rally..
:-)

Graham in Oz

http://au.movies.yahoo.com