[SEL] FENCES! now Funny Engine Tales

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Mon Oct 18 08:38:18 PDT 2004

Hi List,

I'm sure I've done many stupid things while operating a steam traction
engine - but one time I tried to drive a 12 Ton Buffalo-Springfield Road
Roller through a sizable mud puddle.  Those rollers don't get much
traction on mud & water.  There I sat in the middle
of this large puddle and had to get another traction engine to chain up
and pull me out.

Another time - Just recently, I was putting on a program for my Lodge
about Gas Engines.
I took my Jaeger and after explaining the working principals, I tried to
start it.
I kept getting a "pop" out of the exhaust but it wouldn't keep running.

Finally trying to choke it I realized no gasoline was coming out of the
mixer - - -
Yep - Out Of Gas !!!  And I didn't bring a can.  Luckily, I was able to
tilt the engine forward and block it up to get enough gas forward in the
tank to run the engine about 3 minutes.

Snuff4now,

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "You know you're getting old -
 \/)"(\/           when the candles cost more than the cake."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz