[SEL] The Kerr Engine Co.

Duncan Denman canuckiron at wightman.ca
Sun Oct 17 09:57:19 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Picked up something that I have always wanted yesterday. An old fire
hydrant. Interesting piece which ended up in the landfill and was
rescued for a mere $20.00 to the landfill operator.
Cast right into it is:
Made By
The Kerr Engine Co.
Walkerville
Ont.
Walkerville doesn't exist anymore and is actually part of the city of
Windsor, Ont.
I did some quick hunting and found this old ad copy
http://www.windsorpubliclibrary.com/digi/sar/images/part1/kerrengine.jpg
and some pictures of other Kerr Hydrants at
http://www.firehydrant.org/
I also found something about them manufacturing a triple expansion steam
engine for a boat in another article. I don't know if they ever got into
gas engines but if anyone has any info, I would certainly appreciate it.

Just thought you would find it interesting.

Duncan

--
Duncan and Sandy Denman
Ayton, Ontario, Canada
Mailto:canuckiron at wightman.ca
Visit our Home Page at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/carrotpatch/
Home of the Massey Harris Stationary Engine Registry