[SEL] Breakaway chains & Cables

Robert Jacobs carrowor2002 at att.net
Sat Oct 16 07:59:28 PDT 2004

Our trailer will get in a tangle sometimes when going down hill under
braking
(unloaded)  and hitting a bump, the wheels will jump off the ground and lock
up,
then when they get back down again they will skid on the road.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but occasionally causes a bit of excitement!

One of the limitations of overrun braking.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email Address:
diesel at easynet.co.uk
Web Pages for Engine Preservation:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

Having driven Semi's for 28 years, I quickly discovered that nothing works
quite as well as screeching, smoking trailer tires to get those tailgaters
off yer butt real quick!!!

Bob
Some people call me Sweet Ole' Bob,
others just use the initials!