[SEL] Breakaway chains & Cables

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 00:15:10 PDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:45:17 -0500, you wrote:

> > What would be the advantage (if any, we don't see single-axle braking out
>of two
>> here much) of just braking one axle ?  I don't think we 'can't' do it, but
>I'd
>> be interested to see if there is a good reason behind it.
>

>Its cheaper

OK, that's an obvious reason, but I was thinking along the lines of better
stability under braking with one axle not having brakes?

Our trailer will get in a tangle sometimes when going down hill under braking
(unloaded)  and hitting a bump, the wheels will jump off the ground and lock up,
then when they get back down again they will skid on the road.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but occasionally causes a bit of excitement!

One of the limitations of overrun braking.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email Address: