[SEL] The problem with NO FENCES!

don don.h at wcoil.com
Wed Oct 13 10:22:21 PDT 2004

>I don't agree with the fences, but we need SOMETHING between the exhibits
> and the "city slickers" who come to the shows.  On occasion we have even

DON'T BE SO QUICK TO BLAME THING ON THE CITY SLICKERS
A FEW YEARS AGO I WATCHED A MAN IN COVERALLS ABOUT BLOW ANOTHER MANS( IN COVERALLS) HEAD OFF WITH THE STEAM WHISTLE ON A STEAM ENGINE BECAUSE THE DRIVER RIDER DIDN'T LOOK AT THE FELLOW WHO CRAWLED UP ON THE ENGINE TO SEE SOMETHING. AND GOT IN A HURRY TO BLOW HIS WHISTLE AT 1200  AT THE PORTLAND SHOW ABOUT 10 MINUETS LATER HE ABOUT RAN OVER ANOTHER PERSON BECAUSE HE THREW IT IN GEAR TO LINE UP THE BELT ON A THRESHER AND IT WENT BACKWARDS INSTEAD OF FORWARDS  iT WASN^T A CITY SLICKER DRIVING..
lets^S BLAME EVERYBODY FOR DUMB THINGS AT SHOWS NOT JUST CHOSEN FEW.
TURN ON THE FLAME MACHINE       DON IN OHIO