[SEL] The problem with NO FENCES!

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 23:43:27 PDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:20:10 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't agree with the fences, but we need SOMETHING between the exhibits
>and the "city slickers" who come to the shows.  On occasion we have even
>brought our own "caution" tape and post to put it on.

<snipped>

>I don't want to see "fences" but some people need one of Dave's signs on
>there head because they don't control their children well enough.
>
>I will now get off my soap box, but some times people need to be protected
>from themselves.
>
>Peg Pfeiffer
>
>PS: I attend the "safety meeting" at every show we go to that has one, I
>also know how to shut down all of Bill's engines in case of emergency.

The voice of reason as always, Peg!

I'd go along with that also, a single rope should be sufficient for most
reasonable folks to show this is the demarcation line between public and
exhibitors.

Fences are obtrusive both for looking at machinery and for photography, and will
eventually kill off spectator involvement and probably attendance as well.

Whatever the local requirements, it behoves us all to make sure that accidents
do not occur, as they will eventually lead to live machinery being banned in
their present form.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes