[SEL] New Guy

Dave Mayfield wrl at gwltd.com
Mon Oct 11 05:34:57 PDT 2004

Hi John, yes the Deere collectors center nad musem is really very nice. I
had not been done there for some time, then I stopped one day looking for a
part for my B, and I was disapointed that they had closed the parts
department. Or at least scaled it way back.

Second Ave where it is located many years ago was where all the local
businees's were located, then that area kinda went to hell. Bunch of old
buildings falling down and so on. Then Deere & Co. Donated some land where
the old plow works was located. The city started buliding a new arena, and
Deere donated more land and away it went. Several of the old building were
renevated and some came down to make way for new ones. Any way the area is
much nicer now.

Have you ever been to the Collectors center for the annual auction, it a lot
of fun.

Dave