[SEL] How to lube old engines?

George & Norma Armstrong gnarmstrong at netnitco.net
Fri Oct 8 06:15:09 PDT 2004

Rick,
   It has been suggested that a low-ash oil HD 10W-40W be used in the drip
oiler for the cylinder to avoid gumming up the rings.  I believe the source
giving me this info.  It has also been suggested that we Do NOT use the
modern two -cyle oil in mixing the gas oil for combustion but the best would
be to use Aeroshell Oil 80 SAE  40 or equivalent .  It is  a high viscosity
index straight mineral oil.  I also believe the source for this information.
Your other questions I believe are sufficiently answered by your own
comments.    Geo.