[SEL] nhma

Reg & Margaret Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Wed Oct 6 16:18:29 PDT 2004

I got the club Mag. today and inside was some of the NHMA newsletter.
I have scanned the page and will send it off list to anyone interested.
However, here is one bit I want to comment on.
"A small minority of members cannot understand the nessessity of fences
around exhibits.I suggest these members consider that fences protect them
from the public. When tools and equipment,magnetos and perhaps engines are
found missing,and some person places an iron bar or their head in your
flywheels, or your tractor is sabotaged, then perhaps we will hear some
support for fences"
This is from the president J.W. Stanley!

So, not only are the public needing protection from us, WE are in need of
protection from the public!  All of whom,it seems are there to rob and
steal, commit suicide,and vandalise all exhibits!

And the wire fence is a magic way of stopping all the above occurring!

I am putting this up for discussion and to show the mindset that is the
NHMA.

Another section.
                                "I am concerned that tractors and vehicles
are being exhibited unfenced at some rallies. in these cases THE CLUB AND
EXHIBITOR ARE NOT INSURED'

So, what is a static tractor or old car going to do? Explode if there is no
fence?

Words now fail me!!
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.