[SEL] Re: flies- OT

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 17:38:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/2/2004 8:28:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnculp at chartertn.net writes:

<<  The problem I had
 > was flies, millions of them.  I've never seen so many in my life. >>

I had a similar problem only with yard grubs that are the larva of June bugs.
 Millie and I went on vacation early September for a week.  Came home to 1/2
of a 5 gallon bucket of white grubs about as big as you little finger that I
vacuumed out of the pool.  Seems our yard had become infested with them and for
some reason they come out of the ground at night and were crawling into the
pool.  Each evening for a week I vacuumed out a coffee can after coming home.
The following Saturday I bought two big bags of Sevin dust, mixed it with some
fertilizer and spread it with a sling spreader.  Two hours after putting it
down the grubs started coming out of the ground dying.  This went on all week
till our yard stunk from all the dead.  The smell has finally gone away and no
more are coming out, so must have been effective in eliminating them.
Thankfully the moles had not found them.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com