[SEL] Thread rolling machine

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Fri Oct 1 07:33:18 PDT 2004

Rick,
This would make a fascinating working display belted to h&m engine.
Making carriage bolts or something similar would be a great souvenir for
spectators to take home. SEL member Tommy Berry has a jewelers chain
making machine that he feeds copper wire into. The wire is cut, bent,
looped, and closed to form chain. He gives pieces of chain away for
souvenirs.
I notice the manufacturer is Waterbury Farrell and the ad dates it to
the early 1900's. We have a 1930 Waterbury Farrell ball forging machine
in our plant that runs every day. It is one of the sweetest running
machines we have. The quality of WF machines is second to none! The
factory in Waterbury Conn. was destroyed and there are no records left
so you'd be on your own figuring the machine out however. Go for it!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC