[SEL] Portland PROBLEMS?????

George Best George_Best at adp.com
Tue Nov 23 13:44:29 PST 2004

Separating exhibitors and vendors is a problem I have a personal
interest in.

I prefer letting a person be both if they want to do both.
Otherwise you're forcing the person to choose one or the other.

In my personal case I exhibit engines/tractors at the shows I attend,
plus I set up my W.A.I.T (Western Antique Iron Trader) booth.  My booth
basically is just a shade canopy like used by exhibitors, except I have
a W.A.I.T. banner attached and have a table to give out free W.A.I.T.
samples.  The vendor part is that I also accept new subscriptions and
renewals.

The accepting payments at my exhibit is more of a service or convenience
for people than anything else.

We produce W.A.I.T. on such a low profit margin that it wouldn't pay to
get a vendor space for the amount of new subscriptions we get at a show.
George