[SEL] Portland PROBLEMS????? (not in this case)

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Nov 23 05:32:19 PST 2004

G'day Reg,

The "selling thing" at Portland is one thing I think they do have right.
Since they charge ALL of the vendors for their "selling spots" (which
helps the overall finances for running the show), they do have to draw a
line somewhere on folks selling who have NOT paid for a "selling spot."

The line that they've drawn is NO SELLING; nothing, nada, zip, zilch.
That is a clear, unambiguous rule.  Even a FATG can understand that one.

If I bring a few items to Portland that I want to sell, I have two legit
options.  The first is to put them into the Trading Post.  There the club
takes 10% off the top on everything that sells.  I've got no problem with
that either.  The other option is to ask one of many SEL friends who ARE
sellers if they would mind me putting my "For Sale" item in their area.
Courtesy dictates that you offer to buy 'em a sandwich or offer a beer as
a "thank you."  If it's a big dollar item, I think it's also nice to offer
a financial "thank you."  But that's just me.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com