[SEL] Portland PROBLEMS?????

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Nov 22 16:10:30 PST 2004

Peg,

    I've been through the arts and crafts area many times over the last
31 years.  The first year I went to Portland, in 1973, there were 2
engine / tractor vendors and about 8 - 10 craft vendors so I've seen the
transformation into a large scale business.  My wife went with me one
year to Portland.  I walked her through the engine tractor flea market
(took all day) and burned her out.  She hasn't come back with me since
(but doesn't complain about me going).  While I am one that isn't
interested in seeing a vendor selling only glassware in the engine area,
I understand if an engine dealer has a table with 10 or 15 pieces on
it.  My wife would be attracted to the glassware while I looked at the
iron.  I would suspect the complaints about Wayne's items centers around
what the items were rather than there being a "mix" of items (iron vs.
non iron).

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY