[SEL] Battery source

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 21 16:43:43 PST 2004

Hi.....

Harbor Freight has a 500,000 candle power cordless spotlight on sale in
their retail stores (at least here in California) that has an easily
removable 6 volt lead acid battery.  There is a built in charger in the
body of the flashlight with both 110 vac and 12 vdc adapters.  The battery
seems to work just fine on low tension ignitions but haven't tried it yet
on a high tension system.  At a cost of $7.99 it seems like a pretty good
deal for a battery and charger that you can incidentally use as a spotlight
between engine shows.  Unlike many of these hand held lights it has a screw
off back for access to the battery.  The battery is about 2 x 2.5 x 4
inches.  Their item number is 43972 and the catalog my brother has claims
the price is good to 12-6-04.

I have no connection with Harbor Freight but thought this might be of use
to someone.

A couple of pictures at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/battery/

Larry Evans