[SEL] old engines on Propane question

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Fri Nov 19 18:25:44 PST 2004

 Steve & Larry,

Yes Steve,
Please do tell and keep it on-list.
I am also very interested.

Thanks,
Alan Bowen

~~~~~Larry Anger wrote~~~~~

Steve - I'm very interested in propane also. Could you give me some
insight as to how you constructed the "demand valve". I would appreciate
your hwlp so I could make one also.

Thanks, Larry Anger, Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada.

Steve Gray <segray at mlode.com> wrote:
Hi Harry -
I also recently entered the world of propane, this being on a newly
completed model. At first, I tried the simple approach of just piping
the gas to the mixer (two ball valves, one air, one gas), but didn't
like the idea of the unchecked gas flow if the engine stalled, and the
results weren't that good as far as operation. I ended up fabricating a
'demand valve' which made all the difference in the world. The thing
runs so good now I hate to tear it down to paint it! The engine is a
Mery like those 2 that Reg recently finished. Pictures, sound and a
video are located at the top of my main web page.
- Steve
--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 49 & 13