[SEL] old engines on Propane question

kerogas at sbcglobal.net kerogas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 15:01:58 PST 2004

> I've been following the thread on using propane. Could
> I ask someone to explain how this is done please? I'm
> guessing, but maybe just a zerk into the mixer fuel
> inlet fed by a gas regulator? Does running on gas
> require changes to any engine settings e.g. governor
> etc.

Extremely complicated or
It can be as simple as sticking an orifice in the venturi
I have come across some field conversions that were
no more that copper tube necked into the mixer . One they
beat the tubing flat over what would appear to be a sewing needle
inserted into the bore of the copper tube , then withdrew it leaving a tiny
hole .
It is really easy to flood on gas , so they get started as Dave mentioned
and switched over

My big ones , thru trial and error I learn where to mark with a scribe , set
it thusly ,
and they start consistantly .

Chuck