[SEL] Stover CT1

ED edstoller at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 10:03:33 PST 2004

Hello Joe,

I am in the process of restoring a Stover CT2 and have been following your
post attentively. The Piston and rod were out of mine when I picked it up
and never saw an oil slinger on the rod cap. I am glad you mentioned it
because I would not have known about it. Any Chance you could send me a
picture of what I will have to make.edstoller at earthlink dot net.

Also, I noticed that the crankshaft bearing on the PTO side ( opposite the
magneto ) had more ware than the other and it looked like it was not getting
enough oil. There was a very compact wad of felt in the oil hole on the
bearing cap that to me looked liked it blocked the oil flow the bearing. I
had in mind leaving the felt out entirely and if too much oil came thru the
bearing putting a light piece of felt in the oil port.  What do you think?

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT