[SEL] Opinions Please

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Nov 15 19:46:52 PST 2004

Joe,
 Toss the base in an oven (NOT THE GOOD COOKING ONE) at 400 or so. That
will bake out any oil
still in the casting and should make the epoxy turn to dust. Now take a
die grinder or even a dremel and
V grind the cracks some. Then braze the cracks shut. Now to seal it coat
it with some Glyptal paint
(your local electric motor shop will have it or something like it, it is
the stuff they use to seal armatures)
Put it back together and you should be OK.
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY