[SEL] Opinions Please

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 17:56:08 PST 2004

Hi Joe,
Certainly you can find another base for it, but, why not try a different kind
of repair.  May I suggest you drill the end of any visible cracks to prevent
their cracking further.  Then, get a sheet of roofing copper sheet, and, using
your hammer and a hot fire for annealing, form a copper liner to go inside
the crankcase base.  When finished, drill through it in several places and,
using copper rivets, rivet the copper liner to the base.  Be sure to put your name
and date on the repair so that someone later on can marvel over your work.

Regards,
Ron Carroll
Poverty Ridge West
Home of the Wandering Maytags
Clearmont, Missouri

In a message dated 11/15/2004 7:49:19 PM Central Standard Time,