[SEL] Galloway Sawing Outfit

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Nov 10 09:09:32 PST 2004

  I was going to just email Curt, but believe it belongs on the List.

  I don't remember if you said you found a sawrig, Curt, but beware of the
belt tensioner pulley shaft.  We could not press it out and had her up to
over 10 ton.  I can spin the shaft with a pipe wrench.  We finally drilled
it out and it appears that the shaft was placed in the mold (sand?) and then
the casting poured.  This sounds weird and we've never seen this used
before.  The pulley shaft appears to have had a ridge and the casting
probably had a groove for this to fit in.

Hope I explained it right

RickinMt.

http://community.webshots.com/user/stroberc