[SEL] Rejuvenating your club

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Tue Nov 9 17:16:22 PST 2004

What club were they at?
The Buckley club here in Michigan calls theirs Education Days.  They had
their EDs in the first week of October.  Because of my new job I
couldn't be there, but it went great.  The weather was ever good. 8>))
I WAS at the event last year and we had cold rain then it turned to
snow.  The local newspaper had a huge picture on it's front page the
next day of the club's train coming around the corner in what looked
like a blizzard.  The photographer made it look like that by using a
telephoto lens from back a ways so he was shooting the picture through
more snow.

It is an event where a LOT of club members join together for the good of
over 400 4th grade kids and they all have a good time together.  I hope
next year when I have some vacation days I can set up a corn processing
display and and let all the kids shell a couple tons of corn for me.
8>))

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan

~~kerogas at sbcglobal.net wrote~~~~

On RFD tv they were at a club that has
"School Days" . No public , just kids and exhibitors . the buses come
and they run them through there all day long . Thats a winner from every
angle . You gotta get the kids involved they are always good at finding
stuff , being so close to the floor .