[SEL] non list memeber Help wanted

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 7 03:44:51 PST 2004

G'Day All

If anyone can help Gary please contact him direct
HaywoodG at transfieldservices.com

Hello Kerry

 have just visited you interesting site. I am based in Wellington NZ. I have
a Simplex Model DR marine engine that I am hoping to restore and the fit a
"put put" hull around it. The guy I bought it off via internet auction was a
little extravagant with the facts about it's condition and Hardman & Hall
[NSW} are helping me with parts including a new cylinder block, head and
exhaust box. At this stage it looks like the remaining impediment to
achieving the restoration is that the Schebler Model D? carburettor is
missing. I have the threaded nipple and the throttle valve / flange that
screw into the engine block and flanges to the main carburettor body. Roger
Prettyman at Hardman & Hall thinks they may have enough parts for me to
build up a carburettor but I would prefer to find a complete unit so the
valuable spare parts remain available for others to draw on.

Are you able to suggest any contacts on your side of the ditch who might
have a Schebler Model D available for sale? The throttle valve flange I have
has a 3/4 inch BSP female thread which matches to a threaded nipple to
connect it to the engine block. The attached photo appear to be a close
match to the line drawing in the Simplex owner's handbook so I am assuming
this is what I am looking for.

Regards

Gary Haywood