[SEL] Fred Dibnah

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 12:53:27 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:32:22 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Hi Peter,
>
>Bummer.  Fred was quite a character.  I'm glad that I did get to meet him.
>At some point I need to get the set of his industrial heritage programs.
>I've seen a couple with Jim & Dolly and they were facinating.  I also got
>to meet his third wife; another character.  As Dave likes to say "They're
>still making wives, but they've stopped making the old iron."  The bit
>that I'll remember most about Fred was the impish twinkle in his eye as he
>described sinking that backyard mineshaft without any council permits or
>permission.  My kinda bloke.  8-))
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/yank2000/yank1.htm
>
>See ya,  Arnie
>
>Arnie Fero

He was a regular at the Rushden Cavalcade as you know, and will be missed by
many old iron and hot fog enthusiasts.

Many of the programmes that he nade will be released on DVD, so get an
all-region DVD player or get a Region 1 that is hackable and we'll give you a
shout when they are available.

We bought a Region 1 DVD player last year, having first checked the 'net to see
if it was in fact 'convertible to 'any region'. It was, and also had PAL output
and 120/240 auto-switching PSU, you had to read the tech manual!

There are plenty of hacks available for DVD players.

Peter