[SEL] Sort of OT: Odd iron on building

EnginePaul at aol.com EnginePaul at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 06:41:56 PST 2004

Distance between upright members can we wider with this layout = less cost
for same strength. As for acting as a rain screen, as long as there is an
overlap it wouldn't make much difference which way they were oriented.
This is a guess; I'm not considering wind driven rain that is a factor in
some areas as is seismic (earthquake) resistance which is pretty much the same as
high wind resistance.

Of course the best fit in the opinion of the builder is probably a good
explanation. Shorter buildings are usually vertical so you won't have to trim as
many panels. If I were building a shed, I'd make the side as high as the closest
standard sheet.

Paul,
Former contractor, but still no expert