[SEL] Fuel for babbitt/lead melting burner

MBellar at aol.com MBellar at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 06:19:30 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/2/2004 11:38:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jmackess at twcny.rr.com writes:

Hi Rick;
   Pump that puppy up and make sure it will hold pressure without leaking.
Minor
leaks can ignite without major problems, but you definitely want to be sure
there
are no big leaks before any fire is involved.

Rick;

I had a plumber's burner that appeared to work fine. To my dismay I found
that if it needed to be pumped up while it is fired, sometimes it would spray
fuel back through the pump onto my hand causing a awshit situation. Be careful
and shut the burner off before operating the pump. I was able to solve the
problem by trashing the burner.

Tom Bellar