[SEL] Fuel for babbitt/lead melting burner

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 16:11:22 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/1/2004 11:35:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com writes:

<<  Picked up an burner this weekend for melting babbitt.  It has the air
 pump.  Do I use white gas (Coleman fuel) in this? >>

Rick,

I have one I picked up at an auction a couple of years ago that no one else
wanted.  I fired it up with Coleman fuel and high test gas.  I think high test
gas will work fine, just need to drain out due to going bad like you said.
When I first fired mine up, I took it outside and placed it on top of the well
concrete casing and had the fire extinguisher handy just in case.  I did find
one small fitting leak that needed tightening.  Works just fine!

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com