[SEL] Lister-Blackstone

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Mon Jun 28 21:50:42 PDT 2004

Hey Ron -

  The CD is a sweet running engine. I just finished  going through an 8
HP, I think like yours, for a friend of mine. The oil had never been
changed and was like THICK pudding, resulting is a starved and partially
pounded out rod bearing. The owner will probably paint it, I just did
the mechanical. What a beast! The injector nozzle was shot also (water
had wiped out the needle and seat), but the owner was able to buy a new
one from an outfit up here in the bay area, so keep it in mind if you
need to go that route. Cost him about $60 (came from Austria!).

- Steve

--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 49 & 13