[SEL] Conn rod slop

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Jun 26 09:40:08 PDT 2004

Howdy all, live is good in "The Big Sky."

   Seems to me that the side slop (axial play) in the connecting rod/piston
assembly is excessive and would lead to premature conn rod bushing wear..in
other words, one second the conn rod is hugging one side of the piston and
the next second it moves over to the other side (of the piston).  Down the
road aways, you'll wind up with an elongated, oval  rod to wrist (grudgeon)
pin bushing.
   Possibly this is an undue concern and the rod seeks its own center
(inside the piston).

   Any thot's????

TIA
RickinMt.
PS: Update on Galloway Sawrig.  Main casting mounted on frame.  Thanks to
Spudhead the major machining repairs have been done.  "She's a lookin' good,
Momma!!!"..if I do say so myself.  Loads of fun gang  and can't